Simple and quick chicken tacos made with succulent chicken legs.
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 150mls chicken stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp heaped tomato puree
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slow roasted chicken legs, warm, not overcooked or dry, I tend to pot roast for this dish
- For the Tacos
- 4 wheat flour tacos
- sour cream
- finely chopped red onion
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Heat the oil then add the onion, garlic and chilli flakes, then cook over a high heat to colour nicely.
- Next add the chicken stock, paprika, tomato puree and fresh tomatoes and cook down until you have a tick coating sauce. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Using two forks pull the warm flesh and skin away from the bone and rake into shreds, the add to the sauce and mix well.
- Pile onto the tacos and top with a blob of sour cream, onion and a squeeze of fresh lime.