- 200g unsalted butter
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp freshly grated mace
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 300g cooked prawns (or a mixture of cooked prawns and cooked shrimps)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- toasted brown bread, to serve
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, melt a knob of butter over medium heat.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk together, then pour in the cream, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium-sized dish and set aside.
- In another dish, stir together the sugar and cinnamon until combined and set aside.
- Drop the bread into the eggy wash and make sure each piece is coated in the mix. Place in the hot frying pan and cook for around 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the frying pan and immediately sprinkle over the cinnamon sugar. Pile onto a plate and serve with berries and drenched in maple syrup.