A great twist on the traditinal Nacho.
- 8 medium red skinned potatoes, washed well but not peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small red onions, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pasted
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g sunblush tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- juice 2 large limes
- 2-3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- chopped fresh from 2 ripe avocados
- 200mls sour cream
- Pre heat the oven to 220C Gas 7.
- Slice the potatoes ½ cm thick leaving the skin on, then place in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Lay on baking sheets and bake until cooked and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Heat the 4 tbsp olive oil, then add then add the onions and garlic, soften for 2-3 minutes. Then add the tomato puree and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sunblush tomatoes mix well and remove from the heat and cool.
- Once cooled add the chopped fresh tomatoes, coriander, lime juice and sherry vinegar, season well with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and arrange on plates.
- Spoon over the salsa, avocado and sour cream.
- Sprinkle over chopped coriander and chopped chives.