The juiciest roast chicken you will ever taste!!! trust me..
- 1 x 1kg chicken, giblets removed
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 1 head fresh garlic
- 1 x 10g chicken stock cube
- 1 medium glass water
- 2 heads fresh garlic
- 1 medium jar mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 12 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp chicken granules
- Heat the oven to 220° C gas 7.
- Place the chicken onto a board, season well inside and out.
- Place into a deep large, casserole dish.
- Season well with salt and pepper and a dash of any oil.
- Place the dish uncovered into the oven and cook the chicken for 15 minutes to brown slightly.
- Add the garlic, stock cube, water and bring to the boil on the stove, add the lid and place back in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to one hour, do not over cook.
- Meanwhile cut the two heads of garlic in half horizontally and place on scrunched foil and bake alongside the chicken until soft and well coloured. Probably 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and cool. Mix the cooled garlic, squeezed from the bulb into the mayonnaise and mix with the chopped parsley and cracked black pepper.
- When the chicken is cooked, lift out carefully, place in a bowl and cover with cling film, leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the pan back on the stove add a little more boiling water, re boil and thicken with a few granules, keep warm.
- Carve the chicken and serve with the garlic mayo..