Pot Roasted Chicken is a really simple way to get perfect succulent chicken with almost no effort.
- 1 x 1.5 kg chicken, giblets removed
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp any oil
- 2 heads fresh garlic, cut in half
- 2 x 10g chicken stock cube (optionally use Gluten Free stock cubes)
- 200mls boiling water
- Pre heat the oven to 220° C gas 7.
- Place the chicken into a deep large casserole dish, large enough to take the bird.
- Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with the oil.
- Add the garlic heads.
- Place the chicken, uncovered in the oven for 15 minutes to take a little colour.
- Remove and add the boiling water and stock cubes, place the lid on and pop back into the oven.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes, and then turn down the heat to180C gas 4. Cook for a further 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and very soft, but not falling apart.
- When the chicken is cooked, lift out carefully, place in a bowl and cover with cling film, leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock into a small pan then pop back on the stove add a little more boiling water. Bring back to the boil and thicken with a little cornflour and water, don’t go mad.
- Pull the chicken apart and serve with the gravy.