Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 12-15 mins
- 110 soft salted butter
- 110g soft brown sugar
- 110g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 120g castor sugar
- juice 2 large lemons
- 6 plums, halved, stone removed
- 250g fresh blackberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and the baking powder, mixing well.
- Stir in the almonds, then gradually add the beaten eggs, to form a cake batter, do not over mix or the sponge will be chewy.
- Heat a medium non-stick, oven-proof frying pan, over a medium heat.
- Add the sugar, and allow to begin to caramelise, then add the lemon juice.
- Add the plums cut side up and sprinkle over the blackberries.
- Immediately spoon the cake batter evenly over the plums and blackberries.
- Place the pan into the hot oven, to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and well risen.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and place a large plate on top.
- Invert quickly and safely, then leave to cool for 15 minutes before cutting and eating.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or thick pouring cream.