Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: none
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 2 tsp gochugaru dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, very finely crushed
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the cucumber in half, then split horizontally.
- Remove the seeds with a teaspoon and discard.
- Slice into ½ cm slices.
- Place in a bowl then add the salt and really mix well, then leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, gently squeeze out the water and salt but still keeping the shape.
- Place onto kitchen towel and cover with a second sheet and pat hard to get more moisture out.
- Once done add the cucumber to a bowl then add the pickle ingredients and really mix well.
- Leave covered at room temperature for at least an hour, or in the fridge for a few days.
- The longer it marinates the less crunchy the cucumber will become.