Here is my version of Prince William's favourite cake (apparently).
- 225g rich tea biscuits
- 115g salted butter
- 3 rounded tbsp cocoa powder
- 55g castor sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp golden syrup
- 115g plain chocolate
- Place biscuits into a plastic food bag and lightly crush.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the cocoa, sugar and syrup.
- Add the crushed biscuits and melted chocolate and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8" cake tin lined with baking parchment.
- Chill well.
- Decorate as you wish - melted chocolate or a dusting of icing sugar.