- 100g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 200ml milk
- pinch salt
- pinch each of caster sugar
- 25g salted butter, melted
- oil or lard for greasing
- Place the flour in a large bowl, add half the milk and eggs and beat together.
- Slowly add the rest of the milk to make a thin batter then whisk in the melted butter, sugar and salt.
- Heat a little oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan until the oil begins to smoke.
- Pour in just enough of the batter to cover the base of the pan and cook until set and just brown on the edges.
- Flip or turn over the pancake and cook the other side until just set.
- Turn pancake out onto a plate and repeat to make more pancakes using the remaining batter.
- To finish, roll the pancake and serve with caster sugar and lemon, or whatever takes your fancy!