Prep Time: 25 mins
Ready in: 45 mins
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g plain flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 100mls cold water
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- 8 medium chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- sunflower or safflower oil, to fry
- Preheat the oven to 220°C gas 6.
- Place the oregano, thyme, pepper, flour and salt into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the eggs, condensed milk together with the water.
- Toss the chicken thighs into the flour and spice mixture to lightly dust, remove from the flour and place on one side.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, shake off any excess then put back into the flour mixture to coat - it’s best to do this stage one piece at a time, otherwise you’ll get very messy!!
- Heat a pan of vegetable oil about 2cm deep to about 175°C, or when a piece of bread browns within 30 seconds when popped in.
- Add 4 chicken thighs and fry for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown - the oil should only come just halfway up the sides of the chicken.
- Place a wire rack onto a baking tray, then place the browned chicken on the wire rack.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 15-20 minutes.
- The smell will be really tempting, but try to resist because they’ll burn your mouth if you eat them straight away!!