Quick, and fuss-free a Frittata is an egg-based classic brunch dish. Similar to an omelet or crustless quiche, the way you cook a frittata is what sets it apart.
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 350mls hot strong vegetable stock
- 1 x 350 jar peppers drained well and chopped
- 150g low fat natural thick yogurt
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 4 small leaves leaf gelatine, soaked
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Pre-heat the oven to 230° C, Gas 8.
- Place the onions and garlic in the veg stock and cook until soft, you will end up with say 300mls of liquid and onion and garlic. Add the peppers and warm through.
- Add the hot peppers, onion, garlic and stock to a liquidiser and blitz until really smooth, add the soaked gelatine and incorporate.
- Pour into a bowl and check the seasoning, adjust with salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar.
- Cool then whisk in the yogurt cover and chill well until set.
- Once ready to serve re whisk, add the basil and serve with the frittata.