Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 8-10 mins
- 4 x 150-180g fresh loch trout fillets, no skin or bones
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ small cucumber, finely chopped
- finely grated zest and juice 1 large lemon
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chopped fresh red chill (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil and dust the fillets all over with the seasoning.
- Mix all the ingredients or the salsa and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place the fillets into the hot oil and butter and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip over, and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the pan whilst still slightly undercooked and leave to rest.
- Serve with the salsa.