- 750g new potatoes, scrapped clean and cut lengthways
- 10 tbsp (2 small bunches) chopped fresh basil
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp drained then chopped capers
- 2 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- 4 salted anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 200mls extra virgin olive oil, roughly
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 hard boiled egg finely sieved
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until cooked.
- Drain well in a colander and cover with cling film and leave for 20 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients apart from the egg yolks and oil into a food processor and blitz until you have a chunky puree.
- Add the oil gradually in a thin stream, you may need a little more.
- Add a dash of water if needed and finally add the egg.
- Stir through the warm potatoes and serve.