- Place the butter, salt and castor sugar into a mixing bowl beat until just soft.
- Add the egg yolk and flour and mix to a stiff dough.
- Remove from the bowl, wrap in cling film and chill well.
- Roll out and use when needed, do take care to roll quickly as the butter warms up very quickly making it difficult to work with.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Roll out and cut to the desired shape.
- Cook on baking parchment for 10-15 minutes and set, check the to see if lightly coloured.
- Remove the tray from the oven and leave to cook/set for 15 minutes before you attempt to remove. If you try too quickly, they will break.