Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: depends on size of the chickens used.
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 8 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp malt or any vinegar
- 2 level tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 6-8 tbsp Siracha or any mild chilli sauce
- juice 1 large lemon
- 6-8 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 baby chickens or 2 small chickens enough for 4 people
- Place all the ingredients into a liquidiser and blitz to a fine paste, you may need a little more oil to get a nice consistency.
- If you are using a larger chicken, remove the backbone by inserting a large knife inside the bird and to one side of the backbone.
- Cut straight through to open up the chicken and lay flat, then cut through the breast bone.
- Cut away the backbone from the half that has the spine still attached, so you end up with 2 halves.
- Place the halves into a baking dish and cover well with half the marinade all over the chicken.
- Cover with plastic film and chill for a couple of hours, best if you can leave overnight.
- Heat grill and the cook the chicken over a medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the juices run clear from the thickest part of the chicken.
- Leave to rest covered with foil for at least 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Serve with the rest of the sauce and braised rice.