Dark nights are coming so brighten your day with a Cheese Toastie
- 4 slices multi seed /granary bread
- 8 spicy Pepperdew peppers, drained and very finely chopped
- 2 level tsp English mustard
- 150g coarsely grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices American style plastic cheese
- Black Pepper
- Place 2 slices of bread onto a chopping board.
- Butter well with salted butter, the spread a little mustard.
- Place 1 slice American cheese onto the butter.
- Then top with the grated Cheddar, and then sprinkle over the peppers.
- Season well with black pepper, then top with the 2 slices American cheese.
- Butter the last two pieces of bread and the rest of the mustard.
- Place butter/mustard side down onto the cheese and press down well.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan and add 2-3 tbsp. olive oil.
- Place the two sandwiches, side by side.
- Heat the pan and cook the toastie for 2-3 minutes to brown, then carefully turn over and place into a hot oven 200C and cook for a further 4-6 minutes until the cheese has just melted, do not overcook.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes, then cut on half diagonally and serve with brown sauce to dip in.