Shop bought onion rings are nothing like these, so be prepared for a real treat.
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into 1cm rings
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 568 mls milk (1 pint)
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Push the rings out of each other.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together well.
- Place rings into the flour then into the milk and back to the flour.
- The repeat so you coat twice.
- Heat vegetable oil to 180C.
- Fry the rings in small batches.
- Then season well with salt whilst still hot from the fryer.