Traditionally Raita includes cucumber but this version has a little more crunch with carrots and is delicious with a poppadum or two.
- ½ tsp ground, toasted cumin
- pinch chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 250mls natural yoghourt
- 2 tbsp tamarind puree or the juice of 2 limes
- 2 large organic carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Mix everything together apart from the carrots.
- Taste to see if you are happy, adjust if necessary.
- Pour over the carrots, mix well and add the mint, then cover.
- If you can leave at room temperature for 1 hour all the better.
- Remix and taste, season again if needed then serve with the curry.