- 4 large sweet potatoes, washed well and cut into 3 even slices lengthways, skin on
- 8 tbsp cornflour, arrowroot or tapioca starch
- ground pepper
- 12 slices crispy cooked dry cure bacon
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes sliced
- 1 Little gem lettuce, leaves peeled off and rolled with a rolling pin to flatten slightly
- 6-8 tbsp mayo
- 4-6 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Cut your sweet potatoes and soak in iced water for 1 hour ish...
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Once the potatoes are soaked, drain, dry each slice with kitchen towel and dust in cornflour or any starch.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until crispy and well coloured.
- Once cooked remove from the oven.
- Lay I slice of cooked potato onto a plate add a little mayo, dash of chilli sauce, 3 slices of bacon and few slices tomato.
- Top with a slice of potato, little more mayo, chilli leaf or 2 of lettuce, 2-3 slices tomato.
- Top with the final slice of cooked potato.
- Press down slightly, place two cocktail sticks in the potato stack and cut in half on a slight angle.