The good thing about this dish is that it will keep for a few days in the fridge. You can vary the heat of the dish by adding more or less chilli. This recipe is fairly mild.
- 4 tbspn olive oil
- 1 small onion, roughly copped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh red chilli
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 500g mixed mushrooms, flat, brown, portabello – roughly chopped
- 225g mature cheddar cheese, roughly grated
- 200ml soured cream plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- 4-6 small soft flour tortillas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh lime wedges, to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C, Gas 4.
- Heat half the oil in a large pan or wok, and add the onion, chilli, garlic and oregano, cook until the onion has softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the wok and place in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook over a high heat (the hotter the better) until softened, try to singe the mushrooms.
- Spoon the mushrooms into the bowl with the onions. Add the cheese, soured cream and coriander, then season generously and stir well.
- Immediately divide the mixture among soft tortillas, roll up and serve with the extra soured cream, coriander and wedges of fresh lime.