- 1 tbsp peppermint extract, check you may need a little more as it will lose its strength when frozen
- 350g can of ready-made condensed milk
- 5 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 500mls of double cream, lightly whipped, don’t go mad, needs to be soft
- 8 After Eight chocolates, chopped into ½ cm cubes
- 150g melted bitter chocolate
- Mix the peppermint extract with the condensed milk, along with the Golden Syrup.
- Add the cream and gently whisk together.
- Place into a largeish plastic container, so you end up with say 2-3cm deep (this will freeze quicker), then freeze until soft.
- Add the small pieces of chopped After Eights, plus drizzle over the melted chocolate, it should set pretty much straight away, swirl in and break up.
- Refreeze for a further 45-50 minutes, re whisk again so you have a soft ice cream.