- 500g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 200g good quality sausage meat, not too fatty, say 15-20% is perfect
- 300g soft chorizo
- 200g finely chopped roasted peppers
- 6 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 small egg, beaten
If the sausage meat and chorizo are at room temp makes it easier to pipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together well.
- Place the sheets of pastry on a board and cut 5cm wide strips.
- Brush generously with beaten egg.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the sausage meat onto the strips, slightly to one side.
- Fold over and seal the edge well.
- Brush again with beaten egg, then chill well.
- Cut into small rolls and cook until browned, crisp and cooked through, roughly 20-25 minutes.