Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 15-20 mins
- 500g ready rolled sweet short pastry
- 350g luxury mince meat
- zest of 1 large orange and 1 lemon
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tsp rosewater
- 1 tbsp Brandy
- For the Streusel topping: <\b>
- 70g plain flour
- 70g salted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 120g finely chopped pecans
- 75g dark brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Make up the topping by rubbing the butter into the flour until you have fine breadcrumbs then add the cinnamon, allspice, chopped pecans and brown sugar
- Mix the mincemeat with the zests, cinnamon, almonds, rosewater and brandy.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to a thickness of about 5mm and use a cutter to cut out pastry discs which will line the bases of the patty tins.
- Carefully line the moulds with the pastry then spoon in enough mincemeat to fill no more than three-quarters full.
- Spoon over the topping evenly, then bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.