- 250g red cabbage very finely sliced, best on a Japanese mandolin
- For the Dressing
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 good pinches of castor sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
Place the mustard, garlic, sugar and salt and pepper into a bowl and mix really well.
Gradually add the oils, and pour over the cabbage and again, mix well.
Cover and leave to marinate, at least 2 hours, best overnight.
Re mix occasionally