Dark nights, cold wet weather and national lockdown are enough to test even the most sanguine of us? So, why not brighten your day, just a little, with a Toastie? This fast, warming snack is seriously tasty, here are a few suggestions to kick things off.
- 4 pieces of bread
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 8 thin slices of macaroni cheese (see recipe)
- 150g cooked lobster or prawns or crab
- Butter the bread then place butter side down into the toastie maker.
- Lay a thin of slice macaroni cheese on each slice of bread.
- Add the chopped cooked fish, then top with a further slice of macaroni cheese.
- Top with the slices of bread butter side up.
- Press and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.