Remember the secrets of a good burger are:
- Use minced or ground or as the American call it chuck steak, 8mm mincing plate size is perfect.
- Use meat that has a minimum of between 15% - 20% fat content.
- Mince the meat twice, the mix together well, they will bind easier and the burger will hold its fat and moisture better.
- 500g minced beef (15-20% fat content)
- 3 tbsp dried natural breadcrumbs
- For the Build
- 200g grated strong Cheddar cheese
- 12 rashers streaky bacon American style if you can
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ red onion finely sliced, 4 tbsp red wine vinegar, left for 15 minutes to soften
- 12 small long slices cooking Chorizo, lightly fried.
- 6 large burger buns, sliced in half
Just mix well together, and add salt and pepper if you want to.
Mould into patties and grill fry or bbq.