This is a thick, comforting leek and potato soup that I make quite often during the colder months!
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium leeks, washed really well then finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 600mls water, roughly
- 2 x 10g vegetable stock cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- cream or milk, optional
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the leeks and garlic, cook for several minutes to soften, but do not allow to brown.
- Add the potatoes the onions and add the water and stock cubes.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Carefully liquidise and strain well, then re season with salt and pepper.
- Re heat, then add a dash or cream or milk, this is an optional extra.
- Serve with crispy croutons.