- 5 large lemons, peeled with a veg peeler
- 400g granulated sugar
- 20 heads freshly picked lavender
- 15g citric acid
- 1 litre boiling water
- sparkling water
- ice cubes
- lemon slices
- Squeeze the lemons place the juice into a large bowl along with the lemon peel, sugar, lavender and citric acid.
- Pour over the boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Cover and cool completely.
- Strain and then bottle and dilute with sparkling water as needed, I add extra lemon slices to the cordial and also plenty of ice cubes.