This is a super easy slow cooker recipe and I like to serve with Poppadoms, Basmati rice and Raita.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp dried chilli seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 700g (1lb 9oz) large diced shoulder lamb, most fat removed
- 125mls boiling water, approx.
- 1 x 10g lamb stock cube
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 tbsp double cream
- Place the Crock Pot onto the stove, add the oil and warm gently.
- Add the spices and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, to release their flavour, do not burn.
- Add the garlic, onions, ginger, again cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes to coat well in the spices and oil.
- Next add the lamb, water and stock cube, season well with salt and pepper, then place into the pre heated Crock Pot Cradle.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours over a low heat (3-4 hours on high heat)
- Once cooked, stir well, then add the cream, tomatoes and coriander.
- Check the seasoning and serve.