Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 35-40 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 500g small Jersey Royal potatoes
- 500g in small cubes, pancetta or streaky bacon
- 100g butter
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint
- 500g asparagus
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 large bunches wild garlic
- 1 large bunch watercress
- frozen baguette
- Preheat the oven to 200 C gas 6.
- Place the butter into an ovenproof pan and melt until just browning.
- Add the potatoes, salt pepper and 4 sprigs of mint.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place into the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the pancetta or bacon in a frying pan until it has a really nice colour.
- Cook the asparagus
- Once the potatoes are cooked tip into a bowl and add the bacon or pancetta.
- Finally, add the chopped leaves of the 4 sprigs of min plus the finely chopped wild garlic and watercress.
- Serve in deep bowls with long toasted shards of French baguette.