Smaller berries are perfect for this, as larger ones i.e. raspberries, loganberries, blackberries do not defrost quick enough. However, you can get around this by half defrosting the larger berries for 30-40 minutes then add.
- 500g frozen berries, currants, blueberries etc.
- 6-8 Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 250g white chocolate
- 300mls double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- finely grated lemon zest
- Melt the white chocolate along with the cream and vanilla bean paste over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Lay the fruits no more than 1 layer thick onto a large bowl, then top with half the crushed biscuits and leave for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve spoon over the hot white chocolate and vanilla cream then sprinkle over the rest of the biscuits and a little zest and serve.