- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 300g beef mince, best with a 20% fat content
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp paprika, optional
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes in sauce
- 300mls water roughly
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp sugar
Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic and soften.
Add the mince and break up well with a wooden spoon. Then cook until all the moisture has evaporated and the meat is starting to brown nicely.
Next add the spices, herbs, tomatoes, water, puree and sugar.
Mix well and taste adjust the seasoning if needed.
Cook for 40 minutes gently, then adjust the seasoning if needed