- 150mls olive oil
- 1 whole bulb garlic, cut in half
- 750g small new season potatoes, cut in half lengthways
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 large sprigs of mint
- Rake out some coals or wood to the edge of the fire.
- Place the Dutch oven on the embers and heat the oil.
- Add the garlic cut side down and then the potatoes, coat well in the oil.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with the lid, then pile hot embers on the top of the oven and leave to bake for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and soft. You may need to add a few more embers to keep the heat constant.
- Remove from the oven, stir really well and add the fresh mint just before serving.