These Kebabs are ideal for a BBQ but work just as well under the grill, super yummy and Gluten Free.
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 600g shoulder of lamb, 3-4cm pieces, nice and chunky
- For the Salad
- 20 baby plum tomatoes cut in half
- 200g salted cashew nuts, whole
- 500g roughly, cooked quinoa. I like to use a mix of white and red for this salad, some ready cooked sachets of cooked quinoa work quite well, just pop in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp finely chopped basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 100g roughly, finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
For the Kebabs
- Mix the garlic, oil and salt and pepper together well.
- Pour over the meat and mix well.
- Thread onto skewers.
- Pre heat a grill or large frying pan.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally, the more colour the better.
- Rest for about 10 minutes.
For the Salad
- Place the tomatoes into a bowl and mix with the cashews.
- Add the cooked, warmed quinoa and mix lightly.
- Add the oil, vinegar, herbs and season well with salt and pepper.
- Again lightly mix, spoon into bowls.
- Spoon over the grated cheese and serve.