A beautifully simple dish that takes just a few minutes to prepare.
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, fried until really crisp, must be crunchy
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped and fried til nice and crispy
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 small tbps mango chutney
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- 500g British asparagus, nicely trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ground black pepper
- juice half lemon
- To make the baconaise, finely chop the bacon and pop into a bowl, then add all the other ingredients and mix well leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle of large frying pan.
- Roll the asparagus in the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Griddle the asparagus until lightly browned turn a couple of times, do not overcook.
- Serve with the baconaise and a squeeze of lemon.