Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 10 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- For the griddled asparagus
- 4 x 230g bundles British asparagus, trimmed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 x 100g packs smoked salmon
- For the pea and tarragon crème fraîche
- 2 x 200ml tubs crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp tarragon, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2-3 tsp caster sugar
- 250g petit pois frozen peas, cooked and refreshed then drained
- Spicy smoked paprika (optional)
- To serve
- crusty sourdough or French bread
- Trim the ends of the asparagus to remove the woody stems.
- Place onto a tray and drizzle over the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and mix well
- Heat a large griddle or frying pan over a medium heat and add the asparagus in small batches to take on a nice griddled colour. This will take approximately 3-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the stems. Remove then repeat until all the spears are cooked and put to one side.
- Meanwhile mix the crème fraîche, tarragon, cider vinegar, sugar and petit pois, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well
- To serve, wrap the smoked salmon around the griddled asparagus spears
- Divide the wrapped spears evenly onto 4 plates then spoon over the pea crème fraîche. Dust with a little paprika and serve with crusty bread, a drizzle of olive oil and plenty of black pepper.