Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 15-20 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 225g rice, Basmati has the best flavour, but long grain will be fine
- 1 x 10g veggie stock cube
- 568mls (1 pint) water, roughly
- 1 small courgette, cut into 1cm cubes
- 200g frozen peas
- 200g fine green beans, cut 1/2cm pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized ovenproof saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic, turmeric and cumin and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the rice, stock cube, water, courgettes, frozen peas and beans, then mix well.
- Season well with salt and pepper, and then bring to the boil, stirring.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and place into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile blitz the herbs, cheese, olive oil and mustard in a hand blender.
- Once the rice is cooked remove from the oven, remove the lid, gently fluff with a fork.
- Fold in the herb and cheese mix place the lid on and leave for 5 minutes.