I’m not sure where I first saw this method for cooking cauliflower, but I think it’s really clever.
- 200g Gluten-Free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of GF garam masala
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp dried garlic powder or granules
- salt & freshly milled black pepper
- 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stem removed but left whole
- 4 tbsp GF spicy mango chutney, to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6. Line baking tray or ovenproof frying pan with a double layer of foil.
- Mix the yogurt with all the spices, the garlic and a little salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower in the centre of the tray or pan and spoon over he thick yogurt mixture, coating really well.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife slides through easily, then remove the tray or pan from the oven and leave the cauliflower to cool and set for 10 minutes.
- Cut open and serve with mango chutney and a little chopped fresh mint and coriander.