Serves: 4-6 persons
Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 30 mins
- 500g chipolatas, cut in half
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garam massala
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp any vinegar
- 70mls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 x 400g chopped tomatoes with juice
- 2 x 10g vegetable stock cubes
- 400g can haricot beans
- 400g can borlotti beans
- 400g can chickpeas
- 200mls water roughly
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 150g frozen peas
- Heat the oil and add onions, garlic and ginger then cook for 10 minutes to really colour up well.
- Next add the tomato paste, tomatoes and the puree and cook out for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock cubes and beans and add the water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer down until you have a lovely stew, probably 10 minutes or so.
- When nice and thick add the peas and spinach and just warm through.
- Meanwhile gently fry the sausages until cooked and nice and golden, add the spices and cook for 3-4 minutes to release their flavours.
- When ready add the chutney and vinegar and cook until the sausages are coated well
- Serve with griddled pitta bread and fresh chopped coriander.