Easy recipe, and packed full of vegetables and flavour. Any sausage will do, the chorizo adds a real kick of colour and flavour also.
- 2 tbsp oil, any will do
- 400g prime pork bangers, cut into small 3cm pieces
- 200g chorizo, ¼ cm sliced, skin removed (optional)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 2-300mls cold water, approx
- 2 tbsp any vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 x 10g chicken stock cube, crumbled
- salt if needed
Heat the oil and add the sausages and chorizo, lightly brown for a minute or two.
Add tomato paste and mix well.
Add the onions, garlic, peppers and celery, warm through.
Next add the vinegar, sugar, water and chicken stock cube crumbled.
Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
Once cooked remove the lid and gently simmer away the moisture until you have a nice glaze, don’t go mad.
Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans