This is a great sauce which is both quick and easy to make. A must for midweek meals such as, cooked meats, fish, pasta or rice.
- 500g ripe tomatoes at room temperature, halved, seeds removed
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 50mls extra virgin olive oil
- 50g cold unsalted butter, very small cubes
- 4 tbsp tomato flesh free of skin and seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh, finely chopped chives/tarragon
- Place the tomatoes and paste into liquidiser and blitz until smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- When ready to serve, really gently heat the puree but do not cook it.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter very quickly, then the olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
- Finally add the chives/tarragon and tomato flesh.
- Serve with cooked meats, fish, pasta or rice.