For this recipe to work, the fish has to be as fresh as possible and really well chilled. I add a little whisked egg white to the mixture, this helps to bind the fish together well, but you can omit if you want.
- 500g fresh salmon, free of skin or bone, as cold as possible
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 level tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp creamed horseradish
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 medium egg white, lightly whisked
- Chop the salmon really finely, then re chill.
- Add the egg white to chopped salmon, add the rest of the ingredients and season well with salt and pepper and really mix well.
- Mould into 4 even patties, then re chill.
- Cook and serve with watermelon salsa