Make Mother's Day special
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml whole milk
- 70g self raising flour
- 1 x can sweet corn, 198g
- Approx. 200g sliced smoked salmon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the eggs, milk and flour into a batter and add the sweetcorn. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a dash of olive oil until the oil just begins to smoke. Add the sweet corn batter and cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the slices of salmon, one at a time, and flash fry for 2-3 seconds on one side then lift out.
- Do not overcook, as the uncooked side must stay undercooked.
- Place the fritters onto a plate, top with the salmon and serve.