Quick, and fuss-free a Frittata is an egg-based classic brunch dish. Similar to an omelet or crustless quiche, the way you cook a frittata is what sets it apart.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large courgette, chopped into1cm pieces
- 200g defrosted petit pois peas
- 200g cooked potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes, skin on
- 150g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped finely
- 6 medium eggs
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, the add the onions, garlic and courgettes and cook for 10 minutes to soften.
- Sprinkle over the peas, mint, cooked potatoes, feta cheese evenly.
- Next, whisk the eggs together add salt, pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the warm vegetables and cheese then bake in the pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes to cook the egg, but not overcooked of the frittata will soufflé.
- Remove the pan from the oven, cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes to set.
- Once cooled, chill well and slice.