Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 2 tsp Madras curry paste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 10g vegetable stock cube
- 200mls water, roughly
- 400g cooked beetroot (roughly 4 medium sized ones) any colour, cut into ½ cubes
- 4-6 tbsp thick crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Heat the oil, then add all the curry paste and turmeric then cook over a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add the onion and garlic and cook again until the start to take a little colour on the edges.
- Stir in the tomato puree, stock cube and water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce roughly by half the original volume.
- Add the beets and cook again gently until the stock is well reduced and coating the beetroot nicely, not too thick.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Remove from the heat and add the crème fraîche and swirl through, keep off the heat.
- Serve in deep bowls and top with a blob of crème fraîche and coriander.