Make your own Crepe Süzette with this quick and easy recipe.
- 100g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- approx. 200ml milk
- 25g melted, salted butter
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- pinch each of caster sugar and salt
- oil, for greasing
- For the Filling
- 250g caster sugar
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- 50ml water
- 25ml Brandy
- 25g cubed and cold salted butter
- finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- Place the flour in a large bowl, add half the milk and eggs and beat together.
- Slowly add the rest of the milk to make a thin batter then whisk in the melted butter, orange zest, sugar and salt.
- Next, make the sauce - stir the caster sugar in a pan over a low heat until the sugar turns to caramel.
- Once the sugar is a deep colour CAREFULLY add the orange juice and water - you may need to stand back as it is likely to spit - and stir in.
- Re-boil and reduce until you have a nice thick sauce.
- Once the sauce is finished add the fresh orange zest, brandy and butter stir through and keep warm.
- Heat a little oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan until the oil begins to smoke.
- Pour in just enough of the batter to cover the base of the pan and cook until set and just brown on the edges.
- Flip or turn over the crepe and cook the other side until just set.
- Turn crepe out onto a plate and repeat to make more crepes using the remaining batter.
- To finish, warm the sauce in a shallow sauté pan, fold the crepes into quarters and place in the hot sauce to warm through.
- I like to serve these with vanilla ice cream and or double cream.