This is my version of Creamy Chicken Soup that uses chicken thighs.
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium leek washed well and finely chopped
- 200g white button mushrooms, washed well sliced
- 700mls water, roughly
- 300mls milk
- 2 chicken oxo cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaped tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ½ egg white
- 4 chicken thighs, boned, free of skin, each cut into 4 pieces
- Heat the butter and then stew the onions, leek and mushrooms for 10 minutes, then add the water, milk and oxo cubes.
- Add a dash of pepper and salt and bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour and water together and stir into the cooked onion stock until thickened.
- Liquidise until you have a fine puree, then place back into a saucepan.
- Meanwhile mix the cornflour and egg white together, add the chicken thighs and coat well, then drop into simmering water and cook for 5 minutes to cook through, then strain well.
- Chop the chicken finely and add to the soup along with the single cream.
- Re heat and season well, serve.