- 12 slices of bread, crusts on
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked, or left over roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 8 ripe, baby plum tomatoes
- 100g Iceberg lettuce, chopped very finely
- 4 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 8 rashers of dry cured bacon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Heat the grill, and lay the bacon out on the grill pan, drizzle over the maple syrup and gently grill until nice and crispy, but not burnt, keep warm.
Toast the bread and keep warm.
Mix the iceberg and mayonnaise together, thinly slice the tomatoes.
Lay 1 piece of toast on a chopping board, spoon on a little lettuce and mayonnaise, top with 2 rashers of bacon and a few tomato slices. Lay on the next slice of toast, a little more lettuce, sliced chicken and a few more slices of tomato. Make sure you season each layer with plenty of salt and pepper.
Cut into triangles and skewer with frilly cocktail sticks, serve immediately.
The only thing to drink with these delicious sandwiches is a very cold beer.