Short on time this Christmas? Here is a sure fired way to create a great tasting Christmas Pud in just a couple of hours.
- 250mls sloe gin
- 50g black treacle
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100g raisins
- 100g sultanas
- 1 small apple grated
- 200g chopped Medjool dates
- 100g currants
- 50g candied fruits chopped optional
- 150mls extra virgin olive oil
- 50g toasted flaked almonds
- 100g plain flour
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the gin, treacle, spice and sugar into a pan and just dissolve over a low heat.
- Pour over the fruit, add the olive oil then cover with cling film and leave to cool completely overnight so the fruit plumps up well.
- Next day add the almonds and flour, mix briefly, then add the eggs and finally salt.
- Spoon into a 2lb non-stick loaf tin sealed well with oiled foil.
- Place the tin into and deep tray and pour boiling water half way up the side of the tin (make sure it’s this high at all times)
- Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes, 190C Gas 5. The centre of the pudding should be above 65C.
- Once cooked remove from the tray and wrap in cling film, cool and refrigerate ‘til needed.
- I slice and gently warm in a microwave, and serve with sauce or butter.