It’s finally time to dust off the BBQ, remove the rain covers and get down to some good old summer cooking in the garden. Obviously, I say this with the caveat that these rubs, glazes and pesto’s all work great from the oven as well.
- 4 medium chicken legs (8 pieces when cooked)
- 150g thick Greek yogurt
- juice finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh mint finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fried oregano
- ½ tsp dried chilli powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Blitz all the ingredients in a small blender.
- Coat the chicken legs in the marinade and chill well for 1 hour minimum.
- Carefully grill the chicken over a low heat, turning occasionally, until through and nice glazed.
- Remove from the grill and cut in half and serve.